All members are part of the PPN Plenary This is the total countywide membership. The Plenary brings together all PPN member groups and organisations. It is the decision-making body of the PPN and holds meetings at least twice per year. Decisions of the Plenary are implemented by the Secretariat who are the elected administrative body of Wexford PPN. The PPN is a flat structure – this means all groups in the PPN have an equal voice and an equal input into decision-making. There is no leader, no overall spokesperson or chairperson.
The membership of the Secretariat is designed to be as broad as possible, and reflective of the diversity of the membership. It must include at least one representative from each of the Municipal Districts in a county, and equal numbers (but at least two people) from each of the three electoral colleges (Environmental, Social Inclusion, Community and Voluntary).
Details of the current Secretariat are available in the ‘Representing’ section.
The Secretariat is an administrative body only, and its role is to
- Facilitate the implementation of the decisions of the Plenary.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the PPN in between Plenaries.
- Coordinate activities of PPN.
- Communicate extensively and regularly with all PPN members and in this process share information concerning all PPN activities as widely as possible.
- Maintain accurate records of PPN Business (hard and soft copies), including minuting meetings and circulating agendas.
- Act as a point of contact for the PPN in relation to the LA, DECLG, other PPNs and all third parties.
- Handle all correspondence on behalf of PPN, through distributing copies and drafting agreed responses.
- Manage the PPN resource worker.
Wexford PPN has two full time paid staff members – a Resource Worker and Support Worker. All other roles are filled by volunteers who are PPN Members. The role of the PPN staff is to support the Secretariat and to co-ordinate the PPN in accordance with the workplan. The PPN staff are managed by and report to the Secretariat on behalf of the Plenary.