Wexford PPN is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and by Wexford County Council. The available budget is €80,000 in the calendar year, funded as follows:
- Department of Rural and Community Development provide five eights of actual spend, to a maximum of €50,000
- Wexford County Council undertakes to provide €30,000.
Wexford PPN use the financial systems of Wexford County Council and all payments made are handled by Wexford County Council from the ring-fenced budget of €80,000 – to be used for the purposes of developing and maintaining the PPN.
The most common usage which the Department envisages for the funding is:
- Cost of employment of PPN staff
- Office space, infrastructure and materials for PPN staff
- Expenses incurred by the PPN in carrying out its activities i.e. holding meetings, training, elections, publicity materials, insurance etc.
- Expenses of Secretariat
Wexford PPN and Wexford County Council agree an indicative cost for office space, infrastructure and materials for PPN staff in advance, to allow for Wexford PPN budgeting. This fee is reviewed annually.